part 1: Canadian Sub-hunters
• screen printed conventional decals
• available in 1/72 and 1/48 scale versions
• decals to model any 1of 4 significant action aircraft
• 1 aircraft features nose art
• The instructions also offer a good summary of the Boulton Paul tail turret, ASW radar mods, Leigh Light and R/P equipment
• four 8.5 x 11in. pages of illustrated instructions. (Hi resolution b&w supplied in the package.) Home-printable colour PDF version available via email after purchase.
Aircraft covered in this set:
• Liberator GR.V (Can) 586-A, 10 (BR) Squadron Eastern Air Command RCAF, late summer 1943
• Based at Gander NL. 19 September 1943, F/L R.F. Fisher & crew sank U-341 while on convoy escort, and 26 October 1943, F/L R.M. Aldwinkle & crew sank U-420 while on convoy escort.
• Liberator GR.V (Can) 595-X, 10 (BR) Squadron Eastern Air Command RCAF, January, 1944
• Based at Gander NL. 22 September 1943, F/L J.R. Martin & crew engaged U-377 and U-402 while on convoy escort.
• Liberator GR.V (Can) 600-N, 10 (BR) Squadron Eastern Air Command RCAF, Summer 1943 & later with North West Air Command from Spring/Summer 1945
• Based at Gander NL. 22/23 September 1943, F/O A. Cirko & crew engaged an unidentified U-boat while on convoy escort.
• Liberator GR.V BZ792 XB•G, 224 Squadron Coastal Command RAF, Summer 1944
• Based at St. Eval UK. 7/8 June 1944, F/L K.O. Moore (RCAF) & crew sank U-373 and U-441 during the same sortie while on a “Cork” patrol in support of the D-Day landings.News, Views and Reviews
• no links inserted yet
© SkyGrid / Aviaeology 2009 – 2011