Item AOD72004m • RCAF Sunderlands • $9.59
RCAF Sunderlands of 422 & 423 Sqns. (revised)
Canadians in Coastal Command #2.
• Small series screen-printed production
• Available in 1/72 and 1/48 scale versions
• Decals to model any one of three different significant-action aircraft with detail finish variations noted in the interest of paint and markings application accuracy. The 1/72 scale set also includes a sufficient number of printed white rings for use as a quick fix to hide the overly large portholes present in the old Airfix kit.
• Four 8.5 x 11in. pages of illustrated documentation.*
*High resolution b&w supplied in the package. Home-printable colour PDF version available via email after purchase. Documentation includes decal placement and painting instructions for each subject aircraft, reference links (click within PDF on-screen to access related material), an illustrated article on accurately modeling the ASW ordnance load-out carried by these specific subject aircraft at the time of their U-boat encounters, a write-up on the salient features of the Sunderland Mk.III serial batches the three subject aircraft came from, as well as general decal application instructions.
Aircraft covered in this set:
• Sunderland GR.III EK591:
As aircraft 2•U of 422 Squadron RCAF, RAF Coastal Command, Castle Archdale, Ireland, early-mid 1944 (10 March 1944 while based down the road from Castle Archdale at St. Angelo, Warrant Officer 2nd Class W.F. Morton and crew sank U-625 while on W/O Morton’s first operational mission as an aircraft commander);
• Sunderland GR.III DD859:
As aircraft 3•G of 423 Squadron RCAF, RAF Coastal Command, Castle Archdale, Ireland, August 1943 (4 August 1943, Flying Officer A.A. Bishop and crew sank U-489 but AA fire from the U-boat shot the aircraft down and six of the 11-man crew survived);
• Sunderland GR.III ML825:
As aircraft AB•D of 423 Squadron RCAF, RAF Coastal Command, Castle Archdale, Ireland, September 1944 (11 September 1944, Flying Officer J.N. Farren and crew joined HMCS Dunver and HMCS Hespeler in sinking U-484);
News, Views and Reviews
• no links inserted yet
Decal set + shipping to Canada
• Xpresspost (3 days) $9.59 + $14.89
• Lettermail (6-8 days) $9.59 + $2.74
Decal set + shipping to Continental USA
• Xpresspost (4-7 days) $9.59 + $13.80
• Lettermail (9-12 days) $9.59 + $3.58
Decal set + shipping to Overseas*
• Registered (4-7 days) $9.59 + $15.27
• Lettermail (9-12 days) $9.59 + $4.78
* All shipping destinations outside of Canada and the Continental USA are classified as Overseas destinations for all Aviaeology orders. Please read e-Shop notes regarding multi-item orders.
© SkyGrid / Aviaeology 2009 – 2011