RCAF Mosquitoes – 418 Squadron Intruders
• Decals to model any one of four different aircraft with multiple variations of the nose markings on several of them.
• Six 8.5 x 11 inch pages of illustrated documentation.*
• One full set of Mosquito airframe stencil data markings are included in this set (also available separately as AOD72s05).
• Mosquito FB.VI (series I) HJ719 as aircraft TH•U of 418 Squadron RCAF, RAF ADGB, Holmsey South, circa early-mid 1944
F/L James F “Lou" Luma (USAAF) and F/O Colin Finlayson (RCAF)
• Mosquito FB.VI HR147 as aircraft TH•Z of 418 Squadron RCAF, RAF ADGB, Hunsdon, circa late 1944
W/C Russell Bannock (RCAF) and F/O Robert Bruce (RAF)
** As of the July 2015 revision, this set includes new overlay decals in recognition of other possible interpretations of the "Hairless Joe" nose art on this aircraft. **
• Mosquito FB.VI NS850 as aircraft TH•M of 418 Squadron RCAF, RAF ADGB, Holmsey South, circa mid 1944
S/L Robert “ Bob” Kipp (RCAF) and F/O Peter Huletsky (RCAF)
• Mosquito FB.VI SZ976 as aircraft TH•V of 418 Squadron RCAF, RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force, Airfield B.71 (Coxyde, Belgium), or Airfield B.80 (Volkel, Netherlands), circa spring 1945
S/L Vic Cherry (a Texan in the RCAF) and various navigators.
*High resolution b&w copy of Docs supplied in the package. Home-printable colour PDF version available via email after purchase.
The richly detailed Docs file – the Aviaeology "magazine article in a decal bag" you may have heard about – is also available separately as a PDF e-publication that you can use to zoom in to high magnification on-screen, or print out in colour. Internet-connected registered owners of the decal set get the docs for free.
Additional material in this particular set's Docs includes an article detailing the external under-wing ordnance variations as used by progressively improved 'Intruder' Mosquito FB.VIs, complete with scale drawings and paint/finishing notes. Additional technical / equipment notes specific to each individual aircraft are laced throughout the comprehensive decal placement and painting instructions, covering all subject aircraft variations. Docs also include 8 reference photographs.
A separate general decal preparation / application instruction sheet completes the package.