Mosquito R/P rig (late/tiered Coastal version)
Photo-etched metal parts and documentation needed to model one complete installation – a port and starboard pair – of the tiered Mk.IIIA Rocket Projectile (R/P) Beams (i.e. launch rails) and drop tank jettisoning guard rail assemblies in 1/24 scale. The many long, thin cross-section parts required to model these rigs are built up from metal, eliminates the worry of the warp and sag that can eventually affect similar parts made of resin or styrene without reinforcement.
• Brass parts with forming jigs for accurate assembly where needed.
• Also includes fins, fin jigs, and templates to make accurate R/P rounds and heads from either existing kit/aftermarket parts or basic scratchbuilding supplies.
• Four 8.5 x 11in. pages of documentation with photographs, period technical documentation outtakes, finishing notes, and clear scale illustrations.**
*Both parts make-up and detail representation are handled differently in each scale due to practical size and final assembly limitations.
**High resolution b&w supplied in the package. Home-printable colour PDF versions available via email after purchase.
• Mosquito FB.VI CF (Coastal Fighter) aircraft of the Banff Strike Wing – 143, 235, 248, 404, and 489 (after VE Day) Squadrons – from early March 1945. For example, in 1/24 scale, this is the correct loadout for both FB.VI CF aircraft represented in the big Airfix kit’s current (2016) boxing, and for those represented in a number of other aftermarket decal sets, including our own AOD24011 (404 Sqn Mosquitoes) and some of the subjects in our forthcoming AOD24023 (Banff Strike Wing Mosquitoes).
AES24001 Parts scope:
• 4x Mk.IIIA beams (2 per wing).
• 4 pairs of front/rear stirrups & adapters (attaches the Beams to the under-wing stub fairings).
• Metal profile parts to help detail, modify, or fully replace any kit-supplied under-wing stub fairings if shape correction and detail on these parts are desired.
• Drop tank jettisoning guard rail & strut-work assemblies.
• 4 pairs (front and rear) No 4 upper Saddles (attaches rocket bodies to beams) and to each other).
• 4 pairs of front and rear No 4 lower Saddles (attaches rocket bodies to each other).
• 4 sets of No 1 fins (for the upper four rockets).
• 4 sets of No 2 fins (slotted, for the lower four rockets).
• Bonus items – underwing radio altimeter aerials (AYD / AYF as installed on all late-war Coastal Command Strike Wing Mosquito FB.VI’s) and 100 gallon drop tank mounting “horns” (visible when the tanks are not present).
• complete fabrication, assembly, and finishing instructions.