Vital Storm: Early Hurricanes part 2 (markings updated)
• The whole collection covers 14 individual early Hurricanes. Part 2 covers 6 of those subjects in this 1/48 scale edition.
• 6 pages of detailed fully illustrated documentation covering scheme and markings interpretations, as well as modeling notes and tabulated data are included with each set. Supplied as clear high resolution b&w laser prints in the package.
• Hurricane I (Trop) P3729 of 33 Squadron (F/O Woodward).
• Hurricane I P2923 as VY•R of 85 Squadron (P/O Lewis).
• Hurricane I P2798 as LK•A of 87 Squadron (F/L Gleed, later S/L Gleed).
3 variations,including a nightfighter, of this aircraft's paint and markings are explored
• Hurricane I P3576 as GN•A of 249 Squadron (F/L Nicolson VC).
Although no photographs of this aircraft have been discovered to date, we thought it an important enough subject to attempt nonetheless. Our reconstruction is therefore based on photos of other Hurricanes on the squadron around the same time (i.e. code lettering and national markings similarities), and other Hurricanes close in serial number (i.e. production batch similarities to P2798), and 2 possible paint and markings variation possibilities are thus provided for. Two possible sizes of the Nicolson personal emblem have been included for the modeler to use at their own discretion as, after some discussion with researchers, no definitive conclusions could be drawn.
• Hurricane I (Trop) V7474 as “A” of 261 Squadron (F/L MacLachlan).
• Hurricane I P3143 as NN•D of 312 Squadron (P/O Bergman, F/L Sinclair, Sgt. Furstand others ).
*A high resolution b&w (monotone) copy of the Docs is supplied in the package. The colour PDF e-publication (that you can use to zoom in to high magnification on-screen, or print out in colour) is automatically made available via email after direct purchase of this set.
Internet-connected registered owners of this set also get the PDF e-publication for free. All Aviaeology Docs e-publications are also available separately.
Features comprehensive decal placement and painting instructions, covering all subject aircraft variations, including several potential interpretations for both the F/L Gleed and F/L Nicolson aircraft.
A separate general decal preparation / application instruction sheet completes the package.