Eagle Squadron Spitfire Mk.VBs: The American Volunteers of 71, 121, & 133 Sqns
• Includes decals to model at least 2 (if subjects featuring each variant of national markings are chosen) of 10 photo-documented subjects, based on carefully interpreted graphic reconstructions.
• Six 8.5 x 11 in. pages of illustrated documentation*
• AB875 / XR•X, Martlesham Heath, February 1942 aircraft nicknamed ‘Little Joe’ with Eagle Squadron motif nose art, P/O Joe Kelly.
• AB908 / XR•Y, Kirton-in-Lindsey, November 1941 P/O Carrol ‘Red’ McCoplin.
• AD196 / XR•Q, Martlesham Heath, February 1942 aircraft nicknamed ‘Miss North Dallas’ with Victor France originated nose art, various pilots.
• BL287 / XR•C, Martlesham Heath, March 1942 ‘Sioux Chief’ nose art, P/O Leo Nomis. Choice of three (white as printed, or Sky or light blue as overlays) background colour interpretations are provided for.
• W3711 / AV•H, Kirton-in-Lindsey, December 1941 P/O Richard Patterson (features neat dice gambler-themed “tail art” adjacent to serial number on port side).
• BM405 / AV•J, Southend, June 1942 aircraft nicknamed ‘Barry’, P/O “Barry” Mahon.
• BM581 / AV•P, Southend, July 1942 Uncle Sam’s Hat + 13 stars nose art, P/O Bill Kelly.
• BM590 / AV•R, Southend, July 1942 aircraft nicknamed ‘Olga’, P/O Gilbert Halsey.
• BM263 / MD•A, Kirton-in-Lindsey, April 1942 ‘Mine’s a Bitter’ nose art with Squadron Leader’s rank pennant, S/L Eric Thomas.
• EN951 / MD•U, Biggin Hill, late summer 1942 P/O Don Blakeslee.
*Black and white laser prints are supplied in the package, and a high resolution, home/office-printable, colour PDF version is made available via email after purchase (automatically sent for direct-purchase customers).
Documentation includes subject specific (i.e. not generic) decal placement and comprehensive painting instructions compete with multi-view colour depictions clarifying propeller, exhaust, and canopy variations for all subject aircraft plus select photographs.
A separate general decal preparation / application instruction sheet completes the package.